Russia Tourist visa
Ordinary Russia tourist visa is issued to foreign citizens for a short stay in Russia for the purpose of tourism (visiting cultural events, excursions, sightseeing). It is allowed to enter for short-term business negotiations, participation in exhibitions, auctions, as well as for medical consultations or examinations.
On the basis of the confirmation of acceptance issued by the organization, information about which is contained in the Unified Federal Register of Tour Operators, a foreign citizen can obtain a single or double entry tourist visa for a period of up to 3 months, or a multiple entry tourist visa for a period of up to 6 months. At the same time, the total period of stay of a foreign tourist on the territory of the Russian Federation with multiple entry tourist visa cannot exceed 90 days within each period of 180 days.
Documents required for Russia Support Visa
It is possible to obtain an ordinary tourist visa on the basis of the confirmation of booking a place in a hotel or other accommodation facility (hereinafter – confirmation of booking a place in a hotel), information about which is contained in the Unified List of classified hotels, ski slopes, beaches. An ordinary tourist visa issued on this basis can only be single-entry, and its validity is limited by the dates of booking a place in a hotel. When applying for this category of visa, it is important to consider the following: the migration registration of a foreign tourist will be carried out by the hotel that has issued the aforementioned confirmation. At the same time, in case of cancellation of the booking by a foreign citizen and as a result of the lack of information in the Russian Ministry of Internal Affairs about his registration by the hotel, his tourist visa may be canceled, and the foreign tourist may be brought to administrative responsibility for violating the rules of stay of foreign citizens on the territory of the Russian Federation, which also does not exclude the adoption of a decision not to permit entry into the Russian Federation in accordance with Article 27 of the Federal Law of 15.08.1996 No. 114-FZ “On the procedure for leaving the Russian Federation and entering the Russian Federation.”
In order to apply for an ordinary single-entry / double-entry tourist visa (for a period of up to 90 days) or multiple-entry tourist visa (for a period of up to 6 months), one must submit:
1. Confirmation of the tourist acceptance by a Russian touristic organization, the information on which is included in the Unified Federal Register of Tour Operators;
or the confirmation of booking a place in a hotel or other accommodation facility, information about which is contained in the Unified List of classified hotels, ski slopes, beaches (an ordinary tourist visa issued on this basis can only be single-entry, and its validity is limited by the dates of booking a place in a hotel);
2. Passport with no less than 2 empty pages for visas, valid for 6 months from the visa expiry date – the original;
3. Visa application form filled in on the website kdmid.ru, printed and signed personally by the applicant – the original;
When choosing the location where you will be applying for your visa, it is necessary to indicate the Visa Center or Russian Consulate where you are planning to submit the documents.
4. Colour photography according to the photo specifications – the original. 3,5 x 4,5. To see the photo examples, click here
Our assurances are compliant to obtain an Entry Visa to the Russian Federation
· contract date;
· policy number;
· first name, last name and father’s name of a policy holder, the date of birth;
· details of the insurer;
· the validity period of the policy must cover the entire duration of the visa and guarantee a minimum coverage of medical and medical transportation costs in the amount of EUR 30,000. When applying for a multiple-entry tourist visa, the insurance policy must cover the period of the first entry of the foreign tourist.
· list of medical and medical transportation services including repatriation of remains;
· coverage territory – the whole world or the Russian Federation; Europe, including Russia;
· the signature and seal of the insurer.
Period of visa validity and of visa processing
standard tourist visa – 6-8 working days from the date of acceptance of documents;
urgent tourist visa – 2-3 working days from the date of acceptance of documents;
multiple-entry visa for up to 6 months (the total period of stay of a foreign tourist on the territory of the Russian Federation with a multiple-entry tourist visa cannot exceed 90 days within each period of 180 days) is issued if there are reasons for issuing a multiple-entry visa: confirmation of entry into the Russian Federation for the last 12 months with any visa, except with a transit one):
period of visa processing – 12 working days from the date of acceptance of documents.
Please note! Consulate institution reserves a right to request additional documents for visa processing, invite for an interview or extend the duration of a visa processing
Each consulate applies its own directives